About Creative Seeds
Linda Garrett - Counsellor /Art Therapist
Inspired by nature, I trust in each individual’s natural potential to create balance in all areas of life.
Born in Perth, I feel very fortunate at spending much of my young life living and learning from my parents, grandparents and great grandparents. To me, our family felt like a small tribe with the elders telling their stories with shared wisdom of ancestors. However, having lived and worked overseas for 12 years, I am also interested in, and highly value, the experiences of people from all cultures.
Creative Seeds was founded in 2006 with the mission of 'creating a creative space' for individuals of all ages, couples and families, to feel empowered to transform their challenges and learn skills and techniques for ongoing wellbeing and balanced living.
I believe in each person’s self-organisational capacities and highly value the transformational power of the resilience and self-efficacy of the human spirit. Therefore, psychological interventions are founded on a humanistic, person-centred approach.
These are my qualifications to date:
- Graduate Certificate in Mental Health Counselling
- Bachelor of Counselling
- Advanced Diploma of Transpersonal Art Therapy
- Facilitator Certificate Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT),
- Advanced Level Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Intermediate Level Somatic Experiencing (SE) through the Foundation for Human Enrichment for healing Trauma, Grief and Pain
- Currently studying Interpersonal Neurology through Dr Dan Siegel's Mindsight Institute (California) for the linkage of Mind, Brain/Body and Relationships.